2017-18 District & Board Goals
2017-18 Board of Education Goals
We understand that the mission of the Board is to serve the community by providing quality education for our students, and we adopt the following goals and activities for 2017-2018.
BOARD, DISTRICT AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT
- Foster and enhance relationships while continuing to improve two-way communications with students, families, staff, and community stakeholders.
- Continually work to support student learning, creativity and engagement.
- Support physical, mental and emotional needs of students by providing necessary, appropriate resources for wellness programs and initiatives.
- Monitor and influence legislation at state and federal levels.
- Use technology to operate more effectively.
- Identify additional methods for increasing effectiveness.
BUDGET DEVELOPMENT AND FISCAL OVERSIGHT
- Create and oversee a fiscally responsible budget that upholds the mission and values of the school community.
2017-18 District Goals
- Begin to gather feedback from Williamsville Central School District stakeholder groups in order to focus on priorities for the future in an organized and systematic way.
- Continue with efforts to expand and enhance the Williamsville Central School District instructional coaching model.
- Explore and implement enhancements to professional development models and opportunities for teachers, staff, administrators, and parents.
- Further develop and facilitate increased opportunities for student learning, creativity, and engagement at all levels of instruction.
Exceptional Education and Student Services
- Review and enhance special education programming and instructional practices to facilitate student learning within the least restrictive environment.
- Continue to expand wellness, social-emotional learning, and student health and safety initiatives.
- Further explore supports and structures to facilitate inclusive social systems and culturally responsive learning environments.
- Pending approval by NYSED, move forward with the implementation of the Smart Schools Bond Act and all associated elements.
- Further explore evolving technology infrastructure, security, professional development and staffing needs.
- Leadership transition with the new Assistant Superintendent for Human Resources, including the continuation of the positive culture of the Human Resources Office.
- Review and improve the hiring process for teachers and administrators.
- Review the changes in the structure of the extra-curricular activities including the selection process and pay schedule.
- Continue to provide management control and oversight of the 2015 Facility Improvement capital project and the 2015 Athletic Field capital projects so that the work is completed according to the approval plans and specifications.
- Implement the project work associated with the cooperative partnership between the District and the New York Power Authority for the energy savings initiatives as soon as the District receives approval from the New York State Education Department.
- Provide detailed financial information related to audit, reserve funding, and budget development that allows for the development of an appropriate budget for the 2018-19 school year that supports the Williamsville Central School District’s education programs.
- Initiate a review of our professional services that may result in the issuance of Request for Proposals for specific services as selected by the District.