Organization of The Board of Education
1000 - Bylaws
1120 BOARD OF EDUCATION MEMBERS: QUALIFICATIONS, NUMBERS AND TERMS OF OFFICE
A Board of Education member of the Williamsville Central School District must meet the following qualifications:
- A citizen of the United States;
- Eighteen (18) years of age or older;
- Able to read and write;
- A legal resident of the District for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one (1) year prior to the election;
- Cannot be an employee of the Williamsville Central School District;
- The only member of his/her family (that is, cannot be a member of the same household) on the Williamsville Central School District Board;
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office, including, but not limited to Superintendent, tax collector, treasurer or librarian, or an employee of the Board.
- In central school districts, however, a Board member may be appointed clerk of the Board and of the District.
- Must not have been removed from a school district office within one (1) year preceding the date of appointment or election to the Board.
The Board of Education of the Williamsville Central School District shall consist of nine (9) members elected by the qualified voters of the District at the annual election as prescribed by law.
Terms of Office
Members of the Board of Education shall serve for three (3) years beginning July 1 following their election and each term shall expire on the thirtieth (30th) day of June of the third year. The terms of office are staggered so that three members' full terms expire each year.
Education Law Sections 1602, 1702(1), 1804(1), 1950(9), 2101, 2102, 2103, 2103-a, 2130(1), 2105, and 2502
Public Officers Law Section 3
Town Law Section 23(1)
« BACK | BACK TO POLICY SERIES