Meeting of The Board of Education
1000 - Bylaws
1540 EXECUTIVE SESSIONS
Upon a majority vote of its total membership, taken in an open meeting pursuant to a motion identifying the area or areas of the subject or subjects to be considered, the Board of Education may conduct an executive session for discussion of the below enumerated purposes only, provided, however, that no action by formal vote shall be taken except on an Education Law Section 3020-a probable cause finding. For all other purposes, the action by formal vote shall be taken in open meeting and properly recorded in the minutes of the meeting.
- Matters that will imperil the public safety if disclosed;
- Any matter that may disclose the identity of a law enforcement agent or informer;
- Information relating to current or future investigation or prosecution of a criminal offense that would imperil effective law enforcement if disclosed;
- Discussions regarding proposed, pending or current litigation;
- Collective negotiations pursuant to Civil Service Law Article 14;
- Medical, financial, credit or employment history of any particular person or corporation, or matters leading to the appointment, employment, promotion, demotion, discipline, suspension, dismissal or removal of any particular person or corporation;
- Preparation, grading or administration of examinations;
- Proposed acquisition, sale or lease of real property or the proposed acquisition of securities, or sale or exchange of securities, but only when publicity would substantially affect the value thereof.
Education Law Section 3020-a
Public Officers Law Article 7
« BACK | BACK TO POLICY SERIES