School Community Relations
3000 - Community Relations
3150 SCHOOL VOLUNTEERS
The Board recognizes the need to develop a school volunteer program to support District instructional programs and extracurricular activities. The purpose of the volunteer program will be to:
- Assist employees in providing more individualization and enrichment of instruction;
- Build an understanding of school programs among interested citizens, thus stimulating widespread involvement in a total educational process;
- Strengthen school/community relations through positive participation.
Services of volunteers may be accepted by the Board, the Superintendent, Central Office Administrators, Principals or persons designated by the Board and/or the Superintendent to handle this responsibility. All volunteers may be subject to the same screening procedures used for regular school employees, including but not limited to the following:
- Volunteers may be required to provide references, who will be contacted before the volunteer begins services on school grounds.
- The District reserves the right to request information on previous criminal convictions.
Administrative regulations may be developed to implement the terms of this policy.
Volunteer Protection Act of 1997, 42 United States Code (USC) Section 14501 et seq.
Education Law Sections 3023 and 3028
Public Officers Law Section 18
- Refer also to Policy #6540 -- Defense and Indemnification of Board Members and Employees
« BACK | BACK TO POLICY SERIES