5000 - Non-Instructional/Business Operations
5690 EXPOSURE CONTROL PROGRAM
The District shall establish an exposure control program designed to prevent and control exposure to bloodborne pathogens. According to the New York State Department of Labor's Division of Safety and Health and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards, the program shall consist of:
- Guidelines for maintaining a safe, healthy school environment to be followed by staff and students alike.
- Written standard operating procedures for blood/body fluid clean-up.
- Appropriate staff education/training.
- Evaluation of training objectives.
- Documentation of training and any incident of exposure to blood/body fluids.
- A program of medical management to prevent or reduce the risk of pathogens, specifically hepatitis B and Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).
- Written procedures for the disposal of medical waste.
- Provision of protective materials and equipment for all employees who perform job-related tasks involving exposure or potential exposure to blood, body fluids or tissues.
« BACK | BACK TO POLICY SERIES