6000 - Personnel
6151 DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
It shall be the general policy of the Board of Education to affirm that all programs in the District that receive Federal funds shall guarantee that their workplaces are free of controlled substances. "Controlled substance" means a controlled substance in schedules I through V of Section 202 of the Controlled Substances Act (21 USC 812) and as further defined in regulation at 21 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Sections 1308.11-1308.15. An acknowledgment form shall be signed by the Superintendent indicating that the District is in full compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Act. This policy shall guarantee that not only Federally funded programs, but the entire District is free of controlled substances.
"Workplace" is defined as a school building or other school premises; any school-owned vehicle or any other school-approved vehicle used to transport students to and from school or school activities; off school property during any school-sponsored or school-approved activity, event or function, such as a field trip or athletic event, where students are under the jurisdiction of the District.
The Board of Education directs the administration to develop regulations to comply with this policy, and further supports such actions and activities of the administration as shall be required to maintain a drug-free workplace.
Drug-Free Workplace Act, 20 United States Code (USC) Section 7101 et seq.
21 United States Code (USC) Section 812
21 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Sections 1308.11-1308.15
34 Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) Part 85
- Refer also to Policies #3410 -- Code of Conduct on School Property
- #6150 -- Alcohol, Drugs and Other Substances (School Personnel)
- #6530 -- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- #7320 -- Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs and Other Substances (Students)
- District Code of Conduct on School Property
- » 3410 - CODE OF CONDUCT ON SCHOOL PROPERTY
- » 6150 - ALCOHOL, DRUGS AND OTHER SUBSTANCES (SCHOOL PERSONNEL)
- » 6530 - EMPLOYEE ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (EAP)
- » 7320 - ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, DRUGS AND OTHER SUBSTANCES (STUDENTS)