Supervision of Students
7000 - Students
7570 - SUPERVISION OF STUDENTS
Students working on any activity must be supervised by the teacher or staff member in charge of the activity. This applies to all in school and extracurricular activities as well as sports activities and events. Permission to hold practices or meetings must not be granted unless a teacher or staff member is definitely in charge.
- District personnel will be fully responsible for the supervision of all students throughout the school day.
- Coaches will maintain supervision over the dressing rooms during the dressing periods. Coaches are responsible for the supervision of their athletes through the end of practice.
- Teachers and/or assigned school personnel in the elementary grades will be responsible for the playground supervision of all the children under their jurisdiction. The Principal will distribute the responsibility so that the playground situation will be properly controlled.
- Students are not to be sent on any type of errand away from the building.
- A teachers and staff working directly with students who have a history of wandering or elopement (i.e., the act of a student who leaves or runs away from the premises without permission or notification, often referring to students who have autism spectrum disorder or diminished cognitive impairment) will be made aware of these concerns and of any existing behavioral intervention plan formulated to prevent or respond to instances of wandering or elopement.
- #5720 - Transportation of Students