Students with Disabilities
7000 - Students
7610 SPECIAL EDUCATION: DISTRICT PLAN
A District plan shall be developed and updated every two (2) years describing the Special Education program in the Williamsville Central School District. The District plan shall include the following:
- A description of the nature and scope of special education programs and services currently available to students (including preschool students) residing in the District, including but not limited to descriptions of the District's resource room programs and each special class program provided by the District in terms of group size and composition.
- Identification of the number and age span of students (school age and preschool) to be served by type of disability and recommended setting.
- The method to be used to evaluate the extent to which the objectives of the program have been achieved.
- A description of the policies and practices of the Board of Education to ensure the allocation of appropriate space within the District for special education programs that meet the needs of students and preschool children with disabilities.
- A description of the policies and practices of the Board of Education to ensure that appropriate space will be continually available to meet the needs of resident students and preschool students with disabilities who attend special education programs provided by Boards of Cooperative Educational Services.
- A description of how the District intends to ensure that all instructional materials to be used in the schools of the District will be made available in a usable alternative format for each student with a disability at the same time as such instructional materials are available to non-disabled students. The alternative format must meet the National Instructional Materials Accessibility Standard defined in federal law.
- The estimated budget to support such plan.
- The date on which such plan was adopted by the Board of Education.
- A description of how the District plan is consistent with the special education space requirements plan for the region as developed by the Board of Cooperative Educational Services.
20 United States Code (USC) Section 1474(e)(3)(B)
8 New York Code of Rules and Regulations (NYCRR) Part 155 and Section 200.2(c)
« BACK | BACK TO POLICY SERIES