New Student Registration
Office of Student Services
Williamsville Central School District
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursdays 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Registration for all new students occurs at Central Registration, located at the District Office, 105 Casey Road, East Amherst, New York, 14051. Registration is conducted by Appointment Only. Unfortunately, we are not able to accommodate families without appointments (e.g. walk-ins).
Click HERE to schedule a registration appointment!
Student Registration Form (May be downloaded and completed prior to appointment)
For information on a specific topic, click on the heading below.
Enrolled Students Who Move to a New Address within the Williamsville CSD:Specifically, families who live in the District and have a change of address within the Williamsville School District do not need to register at Central Registration. These families may provide their proof of change of address (see below to determine what is acceptable) to their current school. If the new address is not assigned to the current school of attendance, a request to complete the school year at their current school may be submitted to Student Services. Questions regarding moving within the district may be directed to Student Services, (716) 626-8007.
Enrolled Students Currently Attending Non-Public Schools:Nonpublic school students who reside within the Williamsville School District and plan to return to their assigned home (public) school may register at that school and do not need to register at Central Registration. Questions may be directed to Student Services, (716) 626-8007.
Required Documents to Register a Student:
Proof of Residency: Two proofs of residency are required. One of the following
- Deed or Closing Paper.
- Lease – Your child’s name must appear on the lease. If the child’s name is not on the lease, then a letter from the landlord or a contact name and number for the landlord is required to verify that the child resides at the leased district address. If you live with the owner of the home, a notarized letter from the owner listing the parent and child(ren) as well as two proofs of residency within the district will need to be submitted in lieu of a lease.
- Water, electric, gas, or medical bill (Printouts from online accounts will be acceptable if they show the name, the address of the residence, and have a current date.)
- Bank account, or credit union statement
- Auto or home insurance policy
- Auto registration (note: a driver’s license is not acceptable)
- Post Office change of address mailed to the new address
Child's birth certificate with original seal or a duly certified transcript of a birth certificate filed according to law, or a duly certified transcript of a record of baptism, giving the date of birth or a Foster Care DSS 2999 Form.Immunization Record from a Doctor’s office (Medical exemption for Religious Exemption requests must be provided at the time of registration- both are subject to review and may require additional paperwork).
Required Immunizations 2017-18
All students of the Williamsville School District must meet immunization requirements of New York State Public Health Law. The New York State Health Department issued new immunization requirements for school entrance/attendance for the 2017-2018 school year, please see New York State Immunization Requirements for School Entrance/Attendance footnotes for a complete list of immunization requirements with vaccine specific footnotes. Please work with your child's health care provider and school nurse to determine what immunizations are needed to comply with the new vaccine requirements. These minimum requirements include:
- Diphtheria and Tetanus-containing vaccine and Pertussis vaccine (DTaP/DTP/Tdap): three doses, grades 6 through 12; three to five doses, grades K through 5.
- Tetanus and Diphtheria toxoid-containing vaccine and Pertussis booster (Tdap): one dose, students eleven years of age or older enrolling in grades 6 through 12 who have not previously received a Tdap at 7 years of age or older.
- Polio vaccine (IPV/OPV): three doses, grades 4,5, and 10 through 12th; three to four doses, grades K, 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9.
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine (MMR): two doses, grades K through 12.
- Hepatitis B vaccine: three doses, grades K through 12.
- Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine: two doses, grades K, 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, and 9; one dose grades 3 ,4, 5, and 10 through 12 OR documentation of positive disease history from the primary care provider.
- Meningococcal vaccine: one dose, grade 7 and 8; two doses, grade 12 with one dose on or after the age of sixteen.
Demonstrated serologic evidence of measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, varicella or *polio (must be for all three serotypes) antibodies is acceptable proof of immunity to these diseases.
*Please Note: Polio serology can no longer be accepted of immunity. The only exception is previous serology testing demonstrating positive immunity to all three serotypes.
- Most recent custody papers
- IEP or 504 Plan from previous school district
- Last report card from previous school
- Health Physical (within 12 months, allowed 30 days to obtain)
- Dental Examination Form
High School Students Only:To complete a high school schedule, a second appointment will be necessary. Appointments can be made through the high school guidance office. The registrar will provide the family with the pertinent contact information.
census card may be obtained by contacting Student Services, at (716) 626-8007 or it may be downloaded and returned to Student Services. A child's name is entered into the district's database upon receipt of the completed census cards.
A child must be five years of age on or before December 1, to be eligible for kindergarten. Registration takes place for Kindergarten eligible students (for the following school year) during the months of June through August at Central Registration. Parents/guardians of students eligible to attend school in September and who are registered in our census will be contacted in January of that year to schedule an appointment to register their children at the school they will be attending. Kindergarten registration takes place during the months of February-May at each of the elementary buildings.
To ensure you are contacted for Kindergarten registration by your child’s school, a census card may be obtained by contacting Student Services, at (716) 626-8007 or it may be downloaded and returned to Student Services. A child's name is entered into the district's database upon receipt of the completed census cards.
2018-19 Open Enrollment deadline is February 1, 2018!
Open enrollment is the opportunity for students who live in the Williamsville Central School District to attend a school within the District that is outside of the student’s residential attendance area. Each school year, the Board of Education decides which schools will be available for open enrollment in the following school year, based primarily on anticipated enrollments. If a school is expected to be near or at capacity, the school may be “closed” to any students who reside outside of its designated attendance area.
The Office of Student Services must receive written requests for open enrollment for the 2018-19 school year by February 1, 2018 for all school levels. Parents must submit a letter requesting open enrollment, including parents of eighth graders who, in the past, simply submitted a district form. They also need to submit the form and write a letter of request before the February 1st deadline. Please contact your child’s current school of attendance for more information, or call the Office of Student Services at (716) 626-8007.
For the 2017-18 school year, the following schools are available for open enrollment:
Private School Student New to the District: Resident students who attend private schools are required to register with the Williamsville Central School District's Central Registration in order to receive transportation and school-based services.
Foreign Exchange Students: Host families who live in the Williamsville Central School District may contact their districted high school to inquire about the availability and process for registering a student from an approved CSEIT program.
Transportation: For important information concerning student transportation, please visit our Transportation webpage by clicking HERE.