PLEASE NOTE: If you are getting an error message when trying to access the My Stop portal from your smartphone, mobile device, or computer, and you are using Chrome, you may need to switch to another internet browser. An error seems to occur intermittently when the Chrome browser is used to access the program.
How My Stop Works
The new My Stop tracking software is integrated with the District’s computerized bus routing system and the GPS devices installed on every school bus used in the Williamsville Central School District. Data integration takes the student’s bus route information and overlays it onto a map that tracks the actual location of a student’s school bus to the designated pick-up/drop-off point. A parent can only view information related to their child(ren) using a secure login and password.
How Do I Access My Stop?
Each student has a unique Student ID # that will serve as the user name and password associated with his/her bus routing information. However, once you have logged into My Stop, you will be able to access all other children in your family through a drop-down menu so you only need to log in once. Simply follow the steps outlined below:
- Log into WITS to view your child’s profile.
- Highlight and copy your child’s Student ID number provided on his/her WITS profile page, located in the right hand margin of the WITS home page.
- Click on the My Stop icon, also located in the right hand margin of the
- WITS home page.
- You will be directed to the District’s My Stop web page, where you then will be directed to the login interface for My Stop.
- Enter your child’s Student ID # in both the user name and password fields (e.g. your child’s Student ID number obtained in Step 2).
- On the screen you will see a map depicting a portion of your child’s bus route (See example, below).
- Your child’s name will display in the box in the top menu bar. You can use this drop down to select other children in your family.
- The yellow arrow represents the current location and direction of your child’s bus.
- The box at the bottom of the map provides system messages and lists the current location of your child’s bus as well as the estimated time the bus will arrive at your child’s bus stop.
CLICK ON THE IMAGE, BELOW, TO ACCESS THE LOGIN PAGE FOR MY STOP
(Note - Tyler's Versatrans is the software name. Login link also available at bottom of this page.)
The data provided through My Stop automatically refreshes the location of the school bus (yellow arrow) every 1 to 2 minutes. The actual location of a bus is delayed by the refresh rate. You will access the most accurate data if you check the system within 10 minutes of your child’s scheduled pick-up or drop-off time. We recommend that students be ready for their bus within five minutes of their scheduled pick-up time.
- Both parents and students will use the same login information to access the system (parents and students do not have separate accounts). However, you can view information on each child in your family from the drop-down menu at the top of the screen.
- Rather than typing in the full URL address for My Stop each time you want to access the system, save it as a favorite on your computer or add a quick link to the home screen from your smartphone or tablet to have quick and easy access to the system anytime you need it.
- There may be times when My Stop is not be available for a particular bus. This may occur when buses are out of service for normal maintenance work and required Department of Transportation inspections.
- If the application states “Bus is not running scheduled route” or “Bus is not active”, it does not mean there is a problem with the bus. All of our buses run multiple routes each morning and afternoon. These messages may occur when a bus is in between routes.
- There may be times when the system is not showing an estimated time of arrival. This does not affect the actual location of the bus on the map. The most common reason for this message is that the bus has completed your student’s bus stop and is proceeding with its route.
The Williamsville Central School District does allow private schools the opportunity to use the My Stop application. Parents of private school students should contact their school to obtain information on whether their school is participating in the District’s My Stop application. If a private school is participating in the use of the My Stop application it is their responsibility to maintain and distribute their student usernames and passwords to their parents. Please contact your private school to obtain this information.If a nonpublic school is interested in using the My Stop application, please contact Thomas Maturski, Assistant Superintendent for Finance & Management Services at (716) 626-8012.
IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE WITH THE MY STOP APP, PLEASE SEND AN EMAIL REQUEST TO: WCSDbusapp@williamsvillek12.org
- To download an informational sheet about MyStop, please click HERE.