Williamsville East High School Bulletin
September 12, 2018
A - Day
"A great flame follows a little spark" - Dante
ALL STUDENTS/GENERAL INFORMATION:
Click HERE to print a parking permit. Bring in your completed paperwork and driver's license to Mrs. Piazza in the Main Office.
WILLIAMSVILLE EAST APPAREL
Welcome back East families!! We now have a great new way to purchase Williamsville East clothing. Check out our new merchandise at https://willeast.itemorder.com
Online orders placed by Sunday, September 9 will be available in time for spirit/ homecoming week at the end of September. Orders received after the 9th and through September 16 will be available by mid-October. The site is sponsored by Laux Sporting Goods and all of the proceeds directly benefits our students at East through the PTSA.
All clothing will be delivered to the school for pick up by your student in the store. You will be notified when it arrives.Hurry before the site closes down on September 16th. Don't miss out on some great gear!
SCHOOL PICTURE RETAKES
Picture retake day is Friday, October 19.
WIFI INFORMATION FOR STUDENTS
Click for Williamsville Central School District WIFI access. For student use of WIFI on personal devices: WCSD_guest - students will need to follow the prompts provided on their device as they attempt to connect. Their connection is for 8 hours only - they will need to follow the same procedures every day should they want to connect to the wifi.
WILLIAMSVILLE MUSIC BOOSTERS
Click HERE for the membership form.
Lockers have been assigned!! Your locker number and combination can be viewed on your WITS profile page. You will need to secure your locker on Tuesday...this is your responsibility and we encourage you to use it! Avoid carrying your backpack and USE your locker.
|2nd Floor Lockers:||Locker #|
|ORANGE||2001 - 2127|
|BLUE||2128 - 2223|
|GREEN||2224 - 2354|
|RED||2355 - 2463|
|3rd Floor Lockers:||Locker #|
|ORANGE||3001 - 3144|
|BLUE||3145 - 3285|
|GREEN||3286 - 3503|
|RED||3504 - 3637|
SHARED DECISION MAKING
The Shared Decision Making Mission Statement: To support the academic environment and set achievable/measurable character goals for the 2017-2018 school year and beyond. Click HERE to read more about the goals and who the members of the team are.
To read the 2017-2018 East High School Improvement Plan Through SDM, click HERE.
STUDENT PARENT HANDBOOK
Updated handbook - click here
CODE OF CONDUCT
Click HERE for the Code of Conduct adopted by the Board of Education.
TOPS IN EDUCATION
TOPS Friendly Markets is committed to helping the community. Schools are a big part of those communities. The TOPS in Education program makes it easier to get additional money for school improvements and programs.
Here's how it works:
1. Register your TOPS Bonus Plus.
2. Select your school(s) of choice (grades K-12) from the list of schools that have registered (you may select up to three schools.)
3. Purchase participating TOPS brand, Full Circle, TopCare, Tippy Toes, Valu Time and Best Yet products with your TOPS Bonus Plus throughout the 2016-2017 TOPS in Education program year.
4. TOPS contributes up to 5% of your purchase to the school(s) you have chosen. The more you shop, the higher percentage TOPS donates.
5. Click HERE to enroll or to re-enroll.
Dignity for All Students Act took effect as law July 1, 2012. The Act prohibits harassment & discrimination of students by peers & by school personnel. It covers all public & secondary aged students & applies to behaviors on school property, in school buildings, on a school bus, as well as school-sponsored events or activities. Districts will be responsible for identifying at least 1 employee at every school to serve as the DASA coordinator. This individual must be trained thoroughly to "handle human relations" in the protected areas. All schools in the District have named 2 coordinators. Please contact either one of them should you have any concerns or wish to report an incident at East.
Dignity Act Coordinators (DAC) in our building are:
Ms. Gentile and Mrs. DeSantis.
- Click HERE for a complete list of student clubs here at East.
- The East Side News is looking for writers. All interested students are welcome to join us after school every Wednesday in Room 204.
- Amnesty International will have their first meeting Wednesday, September 12. Join us after school to take an active role in social justice. Government hours can be earned.
- The first Link Crew meeting of the year will be held on Wednesday, September 12 at 2:45 in the Library.
- French Club will have an informational meeting on Wednesday, September 12 after school in Room 203. If you are interested in being an officer, please see Mrs. Roberts in the LOTE Office by Tuesday, September 11. See you at French Club on the 12th. Bring a friend!
- There will be an informational meeting Wednesday, September 12 after school in the Auditorium for anyone interested in joining Stage Crew.
- Attention all students! Italian Club will be having its first meeting Thursday, September 13 at 2:45 in Room 205. Everyone is welcome!
- The first organizational meeting for Unity in Diversity is Thursday, September 13 in Room 214. We will explain officer descriptions and prepare for the year. See Mr. Huber or Mrs. Korn if you have any questions.
- If you are interested in American politics and like discussing political and constitutional issues, join us for Political Forum. We will be holding our first meeting on Thursday, September 13 at 2:50 in Room 308.
- GSA Club will have our first meeting Friday, September 14 in Room 214. There will be food.
- There will be an informational meeting for anyone interested in Stage Crew on Tuesday, September 18 after school in the Auditorium. Everyone is welcome.
- For all students interested in joining FBLA, there will be a brief informational meeting for new members after school on Tuesday, September 18 in Room 114 in the Business Department. If you are unable to attend, print out the application from WITS mail and bring it to Ms. Anzalone in the Business Office by Friday, October 5 with dues.
- Are you interested in learning about new scientific concepts and ideas? Do you like building models such as instruments and airplanes? If you like science, try out for Science Olympiad. An informational meeting will be held on Thursday, September 20 from 2:50 - 3:10 in Room 224. All are welcome!
- Unity in Diversity will be meeting on Thursday, September 20 to vote for officers and prepare for the Taste of East. Join us in Room 214.
- There will be a Spanish Club meeting Thursday, September 20. All are welcome.
- Senior Class T-Shirt order forms are due to Ms. Anzalone or Miss Halstead by Friday, September 14. Click HERE for the form or pick one up from the Business Department.
- WEHS Graduation Pictures: click HERE to order. Enter password: willeast . Please note - pictures will remain online for 90 after the event. For any questions, please contact 716-240-9285.
- Click HERE for your Class T-shirt Order Form for Homecoming. Forms must be returned to Mr. Hurley in the Library or Mrs. Wagar in the LOTE office by Friday, September 14.
- Save your Dash's Register Tapes! The Class of 2021 is collecting register tapes from Dash's. Please drop off tapes to Mr. Hurley or Mrs. Wagar.
- There is a Suggestion Box, next to the Student Council bulletin board by the green stairwell. Feel free to drop Student Council a note with any appropriate feedback/suggestions that you want the council to know about.
- Student Volunteers are needed for Open House on Thursday, September 13. Sign up with Mrs. McCarthy in the Main Office.
- To order a yearbook, log on to yearbookordercenter.com. The school code is 14558.
- Senior pictures and senior directories are due Friday, October 12. Click HERE for more information.
- Parent messages are due by Wednesday, November 7.
GUIDANCE OFFICE NEWS:
- Click HERE for the 2018-2019 Course Catalog.
- Check Community Service Opportunities on the Guidance Tab for more information.
- Check the Guidance News Page on your Guidance Tab for more information from the Counseling Office.
- The Fitness Room will be open to all students every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 3:00 - 5:00 pm.
- SPORT SCHEDULE: Click HERE for updated information.