How to Be Successful in Sophomore Year
Tips and Hints for Sophomores
- Strong Concentration on Academics - To be academically successful:
- Never cut a class
- Don't be tardy to school or any class
- Take advantage of extra help sessions
- Form a study group
- Don't procrastinate
- Use your planner to stay well organized
- Make homework an important part of your daily routine
- Pay attention in class
- Help make classrooms a positive learning environment
- Don't ignore deadlines
- Hand in all required work on time
- Get involved in at least one service activity - either in school or in the community - sign up to be a school volunteer.
- Establish and maintain a good reputation. In your junior year, you will need teachers to write letters of recommendation for you for college admissions officers to see.
- Sharpen your decision-making. Actions have consequences!
- Remember, prospective employers contact schools and ask about school and class attendance and behavior as part of their job reference checking.