As crazy as it sounds, we are already beginning course scheduling for the 2017-2018 school year here at South High School.
Perhaps most importantly, the decision on both which classes to run and how many sections of those classes we will have is made based on the numbers we get from student sign-ups during Course Selection.
The following is a list of things you should know regarding the scheduling process:
- The scheduling process begins on January 3, 4, 5, and 6, when students meet with their counselors during Social Studies classes and place their initial course selections into the computer.
- Course of Studies Night (also known as 8th Grade Orientation) will take place on Thursday, January 5th from 6:15-8:15pm in the auditorium. This year, we invite ALL parents and students who will be at South High School next year to come and discuss course selections with members of our departments. In addition, we will offer everyone the opportunity to hear current AP teachers and students discuss the course rigor and expectations of AP courses and ask questions to help determine which AP course they should take.
- Counselors will meet individually with students between January 12th and February 17th to input course requests. The entire scheduling timeline is available on WITS.
- The Curriculum Handbook is available on WITS and the South High School website.
- The Course Request Error/Omission deadline will be June 9th. Therefore, students must identify Errors/Omissions to their course requests by this date.
- Take time to review the schedule request form with your child before signing.
- Seek out guidance from your child’s school counselor if you have questions.
- Have your child discuss appropriate course level recommendations with their current subject teacher.
Thanks for your continued partnership,
2017-2018 Curriculum Handbook