The Williamsville Central School District provide PK-12 education to nearly 10,000 students on an annual basis. Please review the information below for current and prospective students.
Registering A Student:
***PLEASE NOTE KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION FOR THE 2024-2025 SCHOOL YEAR DOES NOT BEGIN UNTIL MARCH 2024***
Registration is processed through the District’s online portal: https://wits.williamsvillek12.org/student-registration
Jennifer Lavrey (K-12)
For Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK), please complete the electronic census information. Additional UPK information is available below.
Foster Care: DSS 2999 Form required for all Foster Care Students
Private School Student New to the District: Resident students who attend private schools are required to register with the Williamsville Central School District's Central Registration in order to receive transportation and school-based services. Questions may be directed to Student Services by calling 716 626-8007.
Foreign Exchange Students: Host families who live in the Williamsville Central School District may contact their districted high school to inquire about the availability and process for registering a student from an approved CSEIT program.
Transportation: For important information concerning student transportation, please visit our Transportation Page.
Please Note: Any original documents submitted will be copied and returned
Proof of Residency Documents: Two (2) proofs are required and all must be issued within the last 45 days.
- Lease OR mortgage statement (deed or closing statement if home just purchased)
- Utility bill including water, electric, gas, or welcome letters (Printouts from online accounts will be acceptable if they show the name, the address of the residence, and have a current date.)
- Home or rental insurance policy
- Post Office change of address mailed to the new address
- Other documents may be acceptable as proof of residency. Please contact the District’s Registrar for this information.
Proof of Age Document: One of the following
- Certified Birth Certificate
- Passport along with proof of parental/guardian relationship
- Official Record of Baptism
Proof of Vaccination:
- Official Vaccination Record (from school or doctor’s office)- required at time of registration
- Health Appraisal (physical) form - required within 1 month
Proof of Custody Documents:
Used to determine the residency of the student and to accurately document the rights of each parent.
- Court papers
- Order of Protection
- If neither above are available, a notarized letter from both parents may be required
- IEP or 504 Plan from previous school district (if applicable)
- Last report card from previous school
- Dental Examination Form
Required Immunizations 2023-2024
All students of the Williamsville School District must meet immunization requirements of New York State Public Health Law. The New York State Health Department issued new immunization requirements for school entrance/attendance for the 2023-2024 school year, please see New York State Immunization Requirements for School Entrance/Attendance footnotes for a complete list of immunization requirements with vaccine specific footnotes. Please work with your child's health care provider and school nurse to determine what immunizations are needed to comply with the new vaccine requirements.
These minimum requirements include:
- Diphtheria and Tetanus-containing vaccine and Pertussis vaccine (DTaP/DTP/Tdap): four doses, Pre-K: three to five doses, grades K through 5: three doses, grades 6 through 12;
- Tetanus and Diphtheria toxoid-containing vaccine and Pertussis booster (Tdap): one dose, students eleven years of age or older enrolling in grades 6 through 12 who have not previously received a Tdap at 7 years of age or older.
- Polio vaccine (IPV/OPV): three doses, Pre-K; four doses, grades K through 12, unless third dose was received at four years of age or older.
- Measles, Mumps and Rubella vaccine (MMR): one dose, Pre-K; two doses, grades K through 12.
- Hepatitis B vaccine: three doses, grades Pre-K through 12.
- Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine: one dose, Pre-K; two doses, grades K through 12 OR documentation of positive disease history from the health care provider.
- Meningococcal type A, C, W and Y (MenACWY) vaccine: one dose, grades 7 through 11; two doses, grade 12 with one dose on or after the age of sixteen.
Demonstrated serologic evidence of measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B, varicella or *polio (must be for all three serotypes) antibodies is acceptable proof of immunity to these diseases. Diagnosis by a healthcare provider that a child has had varicella disease is acceptable proof of immunity to varicella.
Please note: *Polio serology to all three polio serotypes is no longer available in the United States and is not an acceptable proof of immunity unless the serology testing was performed prior to September 1, 2019 and demonstrated positive immunity to all three polio serotypes.
For full information regarding UPK, please visit the UPK Page.
Mary Bengart (Universal Pre-K)
A child must be five years of age on or before December 1, to be eligible for kindergarten for the upcoming school year*. Parents/guardians of students eligible to attend school in September and who are listed in our census will be contacted no later than February of that year to schedule an appointment to register their children at the school they will be attending. Kindergarten registration takes place during the months of February-June at each of the elementary buildings and then moves to central registration.
To ensure you are contacted for Kindergarten registration by your child’s school, please complete the district census for all of your children 4 years of age and younger. Upon completion of the census card, please be sure to use the submit button at the bottom page to electronically submit the census card. Your child(ren) will then be entered into the District's database upon receipt of the completed census.
Current Students – Moving to a New Address in the District
Enrolled Students Who Move to a New Address within the Williamsville Central School District:
Specifically, families who live in the District and have a change of address within the Williamsville School District DO NOT need to register at Central Registration. These families may provide their proof of change of address (see below to determine what is acceptable) to their current school. If the new address is not assigned to the current school of attendance, a request to complete the school year at their current school may be submitted to Student Services. Questions regarding moving within the district may be directed to Student Services, (716) 626-8007.
2024-25 Open Enrollment deadline is June 1, 2024 (Incoming Kindergarteners, July 1, 2024).
Open enrollment is the opportunity for students who live in the Williamsville Central School District to attend a school within the District that is outside of the student’s residential attendance area. Each school year, the Board of Education decides which schools will be available for open enrollment in the following school year, based primarily on anticipated enrollments. If a school is expected to be near or at capacity, the school may be “closed” to any students who reside outside of its designated attendance area.
The Office of Student Services must receive written requests for open enrollment for the 2024-25 school year by June 1, 2024 for grades 1 through 12; incoming Kindergarten students have a July 1, 2024 open enrollment deadline. Parents/Guardians must submit a letter or email requesting open enrollment with the understanding that transportation is a family's responsibility by the designated deadline dates. Please contact your child’s current school of attendance for more information, or call the Office of Student Services at (716) 626-8007.
A letter requesting open enrollment should be submitted to the District Office Student Services Department or emailed to Paula Coburn at firstname.lastname@example.org. Families will be notified of the acknowledgment of their request in a timely manner. Please follow-up with Student Services if you do not receive communication back within a week of your request.
For the 2024-25 school year, the following schools are available for open enrollment:
- Forest Elementary
- Casey Middle
- Heim Middle
- East High
- North High
- South High
- Census Card
- Dental Form
- Dental Health Providers in Erie County
- Health Appraisal Form
- Immunization Requirements
- NYS DOH Parent Notice re. Immunizations
- English Home Language Questionnaire*
*If you need a Home Language Questionnaire in a different language please contact Jennifer Lavrey at email@example.com.