07-08-21 Mask Guidance Update to Families and Staff
July 08, 2021
Dear Williamsville Central School District Families and Staff,
The New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) provided an update to school districts regarding mask guidance for summer school. Due to the low transmission rate of COVID-19 in our region, districts can implement masking policies consistent with Interim Guidance for Child Care, Day Camp, and Overnight Camp Programs During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency.
After receiving additional clarifications and based on this update, the District will implement the following mask policy for our District summer school programs at Transit Middle School and Williamsville East High School beginning on Friday, July 9, 2021:
- Wearing a mask is no longer required but strongly encouragedfor students indoors while attending summer school.
- If parents want their child(ren) to continue to wear a mask during summer school, they are allowed to do so.
- Unvaccinated faculty and staff members must wear a mask at all times while indoors.
- Vaccinated faculty and staff members are no longer required to wear a mask.
- Unvaccinated individuals riding the school bus must wear a mask.
As previously communicated for summer school, the District will continue to utilize 6-feet of social distancing where possible as an additional mitigation practice. Our cleaning protocols and procedures meet the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) requirements. The Daily COVID-19 Health Screening Questionnaire, along with temperature checks, still need to be completed by parents prior to dropping their child(ren) off at summer school.
At this time, this updated mask guidance only pertains to summer school. NYSDOH updated guidance for the 2021-2022 academic year is expected to be shared with school districts soon.
We’re looking forward to continuing to work with our students who are enrolled in the summer program.
Dr. Darren J. Brown-Hall
Superintendent of Schools