2018-19 Budget Vote and School Board Election May 15
On May 15, Williamsville residents will be asked to vote on the school district’s proposed 2018-19 budget and elect three Board of Education members. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. in the Williamsville North High School gymnasium, 1595 Hopkins Road, Williamsville. Learn more by visiting our budget page.
Absentee Ballots Available
Qualified voters who are unable to vote in person May 15 at the Annual District Budget Vote and School Board Election may use an absentee ballot to cast their vote.
Applications for absentee ballots are available at the district office, 105 Casey Rd., East Amherst, during regular business hours. Completed applications must be returned to the District Clerk's office no later than 4 p.m. on May 8 for a ballot to be mailed to the voter, or one day before the annual vote if the ballot is to be delivered in person by the individual.
If you have any questions about absentee ballots, please call Mrs. Lynn Carey, District Clerk, at 626-8092.
School Board Candidates
Seven candidates are vying for three seats on the Williamsville Board of Education. The three top vote getters on May 15 will be elected to serve three-year terms on the school board beginning in July. They are (in order of how they will appear on the ballot):
- Dr. Robert Campo, an instructor at Erie Community College and father of three including a 2016 East High graduate and a current tenth grader at East.
- Ms. Dawn M. Fletch, a New Business Development Manager and Recruiter for AP Professionals of Western New York and mother of two.
- Dr. Michael Littman, Chair and Associate Professor for the Business Department at SUNY/Buffalo State College and father of two North High graduates. Dr. Littman served previously on the board nine years.
- Mrs. Toni Vazquez (incumbent), owner and Practice Administrator at Urban Family Practice, PC in Buffalo. She is the mother of four children including two East High graduates and a sixth grader at Transit Middle.
- Mr. Shawn Lemay (incumbent) is President and CEO of Sound & Theater/S&T Enterprises of Western New York and currently serves as president of the School Board. He is the father of two including a South High graduate and a junior at South.
- Mr. Eric Borenstein is a retired performing arts executive who ran symphony orchestras around the country. He is the father of a South High graduate.
- Mr. Mark Mecca (incumbent) is a School Psychologist for Buffalo Public Schools and the father of a preschooler.
Annual Budget Hearing & Board Candidates' Forum Video
Fast Facts about the Budget
2018-19 Budget Newsletter, Connection
2018-19 Budget Summary Book
PTSA Board Candidates' Information Sheet