Williamsville Central School District offers a driver education program as a service to the community. Sessions are offered in the spring, summer (2 sessions) and fall, and are open to all District residents. The course combines the benefits of practical driving along with defensive driving techniques for safe and responsible operation of a motor vehicle. All students must be 16 years of age by the beginning of the class date and hold a valid New York State learner's permit or driver's license.
Successful completion of this course will qualify the student for DMV Certificate of completion (MV-285) and insurance reduction certificate. Class will consist of 24 hours of in-vehicle instruction, including 6 hours of behind-the-wheel driving and 24 hours of classroom instruction. The program will include a written exam and driving skills test. It is suggested that you check with your insurance company to be sure this fulfills their requirements.
All students are required to attend all sessions. This requires a commitment on the part of students, parents and teachers in order to fulfill the New York State course requirements. All missed classes must be made up. A fee of $45 will be charged for any missed sessions. A fee of $10 will be charged to replace lost certificates. A student cannot miss more than one class and one driving session.
If you have any questions please call Beth Moritz at (716) 626-8294
Registration for this program will be accepted BY MAIL ONLY, postmarked on or after February 25, 2019. Registrations postmarked before that date will be considered postmarked on February 25, 2019.
SPRING 2019 DRIVER EDUCATION
- Students will be chosen based on birth date and postmark.
- NO refunds will be given once the program begins.
- New York State law states that both parts of the program run concurrently.
- Cost of the program is $455. Please send check, made payable to Williamsville Central Schools, and completed registration card to Williamsville South High School, 5950 Main Street, Williamsville, NY 14221.
- The program will be held at Williamsville South High School.
- Students who miss 2 classes will be asked to leave the program. No refund will be given once the program begins. The first drive will be filled first.
March 19, 2019 - May 16, 2019
4:00 pm - 7:05 pm
MAKEUP DATES: MAY 21 and MAY 23 ONLY
Please be aware that no special accommodations are available for this program.
A student enrolled in the Williamsville CSD who cannot afford the driver education fee may contact Mr. Keith Boardman at 626-8200 and submit a letter stating need and current status of eligibility for the free or reduced lunch program.