Written documentation of the following immunizations is required from your child’s health care provider:
- Three or more doses of tetanus, pertussis, diptheria toxoid (commonly administered as a DTaP)
- For those students born on or after 1/1/94 who will be entering 6th through 11th grade, a booster dose of Tdap
- Three or more doses of polio vaccine
- Two doses of live measles virus vaccine (commonly administered as component of MMR; please note that only one dose is required for Universal Pre-K )
- One dose of live mumps vaccine
- One dose of live rubella vaccine
- Complete Hepatitis B series, 3 doses (exception is a 2 dose adult Recombivax, which is recommended for children 11-15 years of age)
- For those students entering Universal Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten, Grades 1 through 12 who are born on or after 1/1/94, one dose of chickenpox vaccine (Varivax) OR written documentation from their healthcare provider of disease history positive for chickenpox (Varicella).
- 4 doses of pneumococcal vaccine for all pre-schoolers born on or after 1/1/08, who are entering an age 3 or 4 year old program
These requirements MUST be met before you child enters school (this includes children entering Universal Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten Camp, and Kindergarten); otherwise, your child will be excluded from attending.
- New York State Immunization (PDF -68 KB) Parent Notification for new requirements for reporting immunization.
- You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.